At SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
What information do we collect online? How do we use it?
If you are 12 years of age or younger, we do not want your personal information. Please do not submit any personal information to us. If you are 12 years of age or younger and want to register online for a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Adventure Camp, the online registration must be completed for you by an adult (parent, guardian, etc.) who will give us your personal information; we cannot collect personal information directly from those 12 years of age or younger.
For visitors 13 years of age and older:
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- If you have given us express permission to do so we may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important additions or changes to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, or the Web site, new services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable. This information may also be shared with the SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment family of companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants.
- If you make a reservation at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, or register online for a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Adventure Camp, we may need to know (when relevant) your name, e-mail address, mailing address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, credit card number and expiration date, gender, birth date, school grade, and any special needs that you might have when visiting our parks. This allows us to process and fulfill your reservation or registration.
- If you express interest in receiving an online, e-newsletter from us, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can distribute the e-newsletter to you.
- If you use one of our e-mail information services to e-mail us a question or comment about SeaWorld or Busch Gardens, you are providing us with your e-mail address, which we will use to respond to your inquiry.
How does SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment protect your online information?
The Tickets/Vacations, Merchandise, and Discovery Cove Web sites use a secure server ensure your transaction is secure. You are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilized by many popular browsers, including Microsoft Explorer and Netscape. Your credit card information, as well as your personal information, is converted into tiny bits of encrypted code that cannot be read by others during transmission. Our servers use this SSL technology to protect your information. These safeguards make your transaction safe and reliable.
Do you use "cookies"?
"Cookies" are little pieces of data that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are used in the Tickets/Vacations and Merchandise pages. They enable us to keep track of items to be purchased and items in your shopping cart. These cookies persist for 6 months according to browser standards. Cookies are used on the Discovery Cove Web site. They enable us to personalize your reservation process and track sweepstakes postcards. These cookies are temporary and are eliminated with each browser session. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Without cookies you can use most of the features on this site, except the Tickets/Vacations and Merchandise purchasing options. Our Online Store will not function without cookies.
Will the collected information be disclosed to outside parties?
We want to be very clear: We do not obtain personal information about you other than that which you choose to provide, and we will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information you provide to anyone outside of the SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment family of companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants, except that we will share the personal information you provide us with other third parties in those specific instances where you have expressly agreed for us to do so.
Please check back periodically for any changes we may make to the policy. Your continued use of this site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept these changes.
Special Notice to California Residents
Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to Ask.Shamu@SeaWorld.com, including the phrase "California Privacy Request" in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address, and e-mail address. We will respond to you within thirty days of receiving such a request.
This policy was last updated on December 1, 2009.
Thank you for visiting our site.